Monday, August 27, 2012

Why I Created Upper Thomson Road Singapore Blog ?

Why I Created Upper Thomson Road Singapore Blog

It's 2012 and I've lived here in Singapore, Upper Thomson for about 16 years now. When my family moved here, I was a teenager (14). In a flash, I have grown to be 30 years young, a young adult. Having spent more than half my life here, I am so grateful to this paradise in Singapore for supporting and nurturing me through the challenging years of my adolescence.

Now, as I embark on my journey towards being a continuously successful real estate salesperson, I have more reason to share what I love about my 'hometown' - to position myself as an expert in this area, as well as a way to give back to the area that has truly so much to offer growing families with children as well as older folk. I have so much to share, but here's a short, rough summary of what's to come...

Living In Upper Thomson Is Great! Reasons include : 

  • Famous, Good, Yummy Upper Thomson Food - e.g. Popular Upper Thomson Prata Shops, Long House Duck Rice, Prawn Noodle and Chicken Rice, Old School Delights, Rocher Beancurd, Scoopz, Udders, 24 hour Ba Chor Mee, Salted Caramel, etc...
  • Our Convenient Location - Less than half and hour to Orchard Road by three regular bus services 167, 162, 132; Walking distance to Marymount MRT Circle Line; 20 minute bus rides to other MRT Stations like Ang Mo Kio MRT, Bishan MRT, Novena MRT, Farrer Road MRT (choose which MRT station to travel to depending on your destination); Easily available cabs because the NTUC Taxi Petrol Top-Up Station is just nearby at Sin Ming Road; etc...
  • Quick Access to Supermarkets - NTUC, Shop and Save and now Sheng Shiong + ShunFu Market,
  • Macritchie Reservoir - where I've enjoyed so memorable morning, afternoon and evening walks with my friends and family,
  • Gardening Supplies at Far East Flora area (where we sometimes just pop by to browse through their beautiful flowering plants !)
  • Relaxing Shopping Centers - Thomson Plaza and Junction 8
  • and Much, Much More... ! 
Living in Upper Thomson Singapore has provided me a safe and convenient sanctuary so I can explore the rest of the world. By sharing my love, knowledge and experiences about 'my territory', I hope it gives others a better idea of where to eat, live and play when you are new to this area. Even if you don't live here, I am sure you can grow to love this place I call heaven too !

No comments: